Hiring: Communications Manager
Location: Washington D.C.
The Accion U.S. Network is seeking an experienced, results-oriented Communications Manager to develop and support the organization’s U.S. communications strategy, with a special focus on promoting Accion as a leader in the microenterprise and small business lending sector in the U.S. In coordination with the CEO and other senior leaders at Accion Network and Accion International, the Communications Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive communications plan, in alignment with Accion’s global strategy.
- Support development and execution of national communications programs with Network members on strategy, channel management, and project plans.
- Manage the production of outreach tools including web and social media, annual report, quarterly client stories, economic outlook publications, corporate video production, and photo library development.
- Manage Accion’s press engagement strategies, and create long-term, productive relationships with key outlets and/or journalists. Manage Accion PR consultants and vendors.
- Manage social media channels and campaigns for the U.S. Network’s outreach.
- Establish, cultivate and manage relationships with core external vendors, including designers, writers, editors, and website firms.
- Develop and manage the communications annual budget.
- At least 5 years of communications, marketing or public relations experience with progressive responsibilities, preferably with experience in a non-profit organization.
- Familiarity with the microenterprise development and small business lending space preferred. Ability to manage multiple ongoing, long-term projects alongside daily, shorter-term tasks, especially around digital communications.
- A roll-up-your sleeves attitude and desire to execute at a tactical as well as strategic level.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively build meaningful relationships with key stakeholders.
- Superb writing and editing skills, with the ability to coach external vendors/writers on Accion’s brand voice and writing style.
- Demonstrated ability to find creative solutions for utilizing external communications to advance broader business goals.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate vision and achieve buy-in among diverse stakeholders in order to advance organizational goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; advanced degree preferable.